So this what has been happening in Iceland this week. After that beautiful weather over the weekend I was surprised to wake up to a dusting of snow on Wednesday. This dusting has quickly turned into mass amounts of snow and it seems to not be slowing down anytime soon! I know everyone seems to be talking about this annoying snow storm in March so I will drop it, just after I share some pictures of what my commute to work now looks like.
Okay ya its really beautiful and how often do you see a snow covered beach?? But really the snow is really inconvenient and I have been having to remind myself of all the wonderful things about living in Iceland this week.
Now that I have my snow venting over with lets continue on with some Friday Five action.
1. I am now the proud owner of tickets to see this man in concert this summer.
Thats right Justin Timberlake is coming to Iceland!! Big concerts here in Iceland are not common so all of Iceland has been talking about this concert since it was announced. Tickets sold out within 12 minutes! H worked his magic though and got into the presale to secure our tickets and I am so excited!
2. To kick of carnival week on Monday we celebrated Bun Day in Iceland. I have never seen more pastries in one place but it was heaven. I will have a post up soon about the different ways Iceland celebrates carnival week, it includes lots of eating.
3. Tuesday I found myself at my fist pole fitness class. Pole fitness is really popular in Iceland so when my co-worker asked me to join her I was excited to give it a try. After about 5 minutes of class I realized I would not be hanging upside down on the pole anytime soon. Just swinging around the pole once was hard enough, what a workout! Anyone else ever tried a pole fitness class?
4. As I was browsing the bookstore looking for a book for my book club I came across this lovely display. Iceland may be taking the whole tourism boom a bit to far. This display is Icelandic condoms in some fancy packaging. So for $10 you can bring home your own personal Icelandic condom and show all your friends what an awesome souvenir you wasted your money on. Please don’t buy these if you visit Iceland!
5. I discovered this fancy coffee machine in our office the other day and my life has been changed. Working in a coffee shop for over 5 years I am a bit of a coffee snob so the burnt tasting coffee everyone around me has been drinking just wasn’t working for me. Now that I have discovered this beautiful machine though my coffee consumption may have doubled. That just means I am extra productive at work though.
It has been such a busy week, its fun to have plans but it is exhausting and I am so glad its finally Friday! I can’t wait to come home and not have to do anything.
If you need a little break at work today check out these links that I am loving.
- Who knew American themed parties would be so popular!
- I knew there was something I was learning from all those Adam Sandler movies I watched
- This article made me miss my best friend even more!
- This baby holding a sign to welcome her dad home from the army is amazing!
I am off to dream of some beaches, have a great weekend everyone!
Question of the Day?
Did you celebrate carnival week with any special events?